In this article, we are sharing some important points on how to sit properly at a computer. When you start working on the computer your first priority should be that you sit in a right position so you can easily and comfortably sit for a longer period of time and do your work more efficiently without worry about the health.
Here are some best tips for how to sit properly at a computer
Computer Desk and chair
Always buy an ergonomic chair for computer work which have good height adjustment and also having good lower back support and adjustable armrest. Your chair should also have an adjustable headrest and having good quality padding on the back.
Your computer desk should be well suited to computer use which holds your keyboard and mouse at the proper height so your hands and elbows are at the same height.
How to sit properly
- Adjust your chair height so that your feet are flat on the surface and don’t cross your legs.
- Sit straight and keep your hips far back in the chair.
- Your chair reclined angle is between 100 to 110 degree.
- Adjust armrest in which you feel comfortable.
- Keep some good distance from your monitor.
- Sit straight in front of a monitor and keep your keyboard in front of you.
Use Ergonomic Keyboard
If you do typing a lot you should have an ergonomic keyboard. The ergonomic keyboard gives you more comfortability as compared to normal keyboard because ergonomic keyboard allows you to hold your hands in a more natural position and keep your wrist straight rather than angle outward while typing.
Some other tips
- Keep your mouse close.
- Buy a monitor which is glare-free.
- After 30 minutes take a short break for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Prevent your eye from fatigue, look away from the monitor and focus on something in the distance.