One of the most common problems with old laptops and Computer is overheating. Many people don’t know how to fix this problem. In this article, we will try to give some information about how to fix an overheating laptop.
What is the Main Cause of Overheating?
Answer: cooling Problem.
Why an Overheated Laptop Is Dangerous.
When your computer becomes too hot, there is a chance which destroys or shorten the life of hardware inside your laptop. Which may be irreparable damage and data loss.
Signs of Laptop Overheating.
Some important signs of Laptop overheating are
1. Laptop or Computer is struggling to perform some basic tasks.
2. Fan making loud noises and the fan is running at maximum speed.
3. Lines are showing up on your laptop screen (a sign your video card is overheating).
4. Laptop or Computer shutdown suddenly.
5. Windows stop responding during use.
6. Mouse and keyboard stop responding.
Here are some ways for How to Fix an Overheating Laptop.
1. Fix Internal Cooling.
The most important thing you need to do is when your laptop is overheating clean the fans of your laptop. Because after some time dust block airflow.
Tip: When possible, clean your laptops regularly and take them to a professional to clean off the fans if you don’t have the expertise to do it yourself.
2. Buy Cooling Pads or External Fans
Laptop cooling pads or fans provide air inside the laptop. These external coolers help to maintain the internal airflow of the laptop, which keeps the laptop cool.
You can buy cooling pad here
Specification of this Product.
- Suitable for 14-17 inch laptop, Ultrabook, Notebook or Netbook.
- Powerful Motor Turbo 6 Fans, strong heat emitted ability.
- V–shaped anti-slip surface design, hold laptop firmly
- Extra USB port
- Portable design, ideal for home and office use, durable.
3. Keep it on Hard and Clean Surface.
When you start working on a laptop don’t place a laptop on pillow, bed or any other soft places. Find a hard and clean surface which will help to maintain good air flow. Because Laptop needs regular air intake to keep the air circulating inside the device and keep the laptop cool.
If you keep a laptop on a dirty surface it is also dangerous for the laptop because dust also overheats laptop.
So keep Laptop on clean hard surfaces.
4. Shutdown Programs.
Another way for How to Fix an Overheating Laptop is, shut down that programs which use lots of system resources.
5. Adjust your power settings.
Adjust your power setting from high performance to balanced or power saver plan. This setting tells the system to only use the power required to run your applications rather than always use maximum processor speed.
6. Add More RAM.
Ram store temporarily data for quick retrieval. As your laptop approaches its Ram limit, It may begin to overheat. If possible buy more ram, adding more ram not only keep your laptop cool but also improve performance issue.
Conclusion for How to Fix an Overheating Laptop.
There are many ways to fix an Overheating Laptop. The problem of overheating is dangerous. It can also damage the internal components of your laptop. Always Check your Cooling fans, keep it on a clean and hard surface, Improve performance by adding more rams, you can also use cooling fans.